For those of you that don’t know, Movember is a fund-raising imitative aimed at raising awareness of “men’s health” issues, in particular prostate cancer & testicular cancer, and raising money for charities working to fight them.
Prostate cancer kills over 10,000 men in the UK every year, a similar number of men to the number of women killed by breast cancer – and yet prostate cancer receives a lot less publicity. Movember is trying to change that. Testicular cancer if far less of a killer – it only killed 75 men in 2010 – but it does leave thousands of men infertile each year.
The idea behind movember is that men around the world grow a moustache throughout the month of November and post pictures of their upper-lip adornment for the world to enjoy (read, laugh at). Also, it’s a celebration of that once fashionable and so cool it ought to be brought back male facial growth.
- Movember (marchpr.com)
- Movember: Changing the face of men’s health – Confused.com (confused.com)
- Dubious facial hair alert – it’s Movember! (sciencelens.wordpress.com)
- Movember is Moustache Movie Madness! (blankpagebeatdown.wordpress.com)
- Movember (northsandiego.org)
- For “Movember” Nick Offerman Shows you How to Grow a Moustache (theoriginalwinger.com)